Modern technologies have revolutionized the streaming industry. Gone are the times when everyone had to buy cable subscriptions to watch news, dramas, or movies. There are hundreds of streaming platforms available out there. One of the most famous among them is YouTube TV.
YouTube TV is one of the best video subscription streaming services in the United States. With more than 85 channels available, it is a fascinating alternative for those looking to cut the cord.
In this article, we will be discussing what YouTube TV is and how you can get a YouTube TV free trial today.
YouTube TV is an online subscription-based streaming service. It was launched in 2017 but was limited to a few locations then. Later, in 2019, the service expanded for all 210 regional markets.
It offers several channels for a particular subscription cost, varying depending on your plan and add-ons. You can access 85 channels, including ABC, FOX, CBS, and Disney Channels, to name a few.
You can also live stream events such as cricket matches or world news. Some other pros of YouTube TV include 6 accounts per household, multiple streams, and unlimited cloud DVR storage.
YouTube TV comes with a plethora of features. Some of these features are unique that you will not find on other platforms. These are: –
- Live TV Channels: YouTube TV gives you access to several TV channels. You can watch these channels without paying an extra penny.
- Multiple Streams: YouTube TV allows you to go for multiple streams. You can have up to three streams at a time.
- On-Demand Content: Along with live TV channels, YouTube TV allows you to watch on-demand content.
- User-Friendly Interface: The interface of YouTube TV is simple and user-friendly. It allows you to navigate across various devices without any hassle.
- Availability: YouTube TV is easily accessible in various regions within the United States.
YouTube TV Free Trial
If you’re considering subscribing to YouTube TV, you have the opportunity to take a sneak peek at its content without spending a dime.
YouTube TV offers a free trial period, one of the best streaming services. It’s not just any trial. It’s for a TV service with over 100 channels. During this trial period, you’ll have access to affiliate channels like NBC, ABC, CBS, Fox, and more. You’ll also get cable networks such as FX and TLC included in the package. If that’s not enough, there’s an option to add channels like HBO Max, NBA League Pass, Starz, and others.
If you purchased a paid service with a free trial, it would be free to use this paid service during the free trial. So, go ahead. Explore all that YouTube TV has to offer with this free trial!
How Long Is YouTube TV Free Trial?
Currently, the standard YouTube TV free trial is 7 days. This means every new subscriber can access YouTube TV for free for 7 days.
Although other on-demand subscription services can offer up to 30 days for free, live TV services tend to only provide access for seven days. In short, YouTube TV’s standard free trial is more extended than the free trials offered by multiple other providers.
Moreover, if you think a 7-day trial is insufficient, we might have good news for you. YouTube TV regularly offers limited-period offers where you can get lengthier free trials. These lengthier periods can include a 14-day trial or even a 30-day trial. So, all you need to do is stay aware when such promos come to the market.
How to Get a Free Trial on YouTube TV
YouTube TV comes with a 14-day free trial. This free trial gives you access to all content of YouTube TV and lets you watch your favorite movies, shows, and series for 14 days, and that too without any charges.
Getting a free trial on YouTube TV is extremely easy. Just follow the steps below, and you can get the YouTube TV free trial in no time.
Open YouTube TV on your device
The first step in setting up the YouTube TV Free trial is to open the browser on your device. You can choose any browser you like. YouTube TV works on every browser, including Google Chrome, Mozzarella Firefox, and Opera Browser. The next step is to visit the official website of YouTube TV.
Click on the Sign In button
After this, click on the sign-in button. This sign-in button is located on the top right corner of the screen. You can touch the sign-in button or drag your cursor to click on it.
Log in using your Google Account
Google owns YouTube and YouTube TV; therefore, when you click on sign in, a window will pop up to prompt you to get started with your Google Account. If you do not have a Google Account, you must sign up for one before you can begin.
Provide zip code
After this, you will be asked to provide a zip code. This is an important step because it allows YouTube TV to find the right networks in your area. After this, you must also give a browser location to verify which network you can access.
Click on Start Free Trial and choose whatever plan you want
To begin, you have to click on Start free trial. Once you click it, you will have to choose your plan. You can select the base plan if you like. Here, you will also be asked to use any promo code you have.
Select the add-ons and click on the checkout option
In this step, you can select your add-ons and see the monthly cost added to your base plan. Some add-ons have free trials, so you won’t get charged for those. But some do not come with free trials. Once you have selected the add-ons, you get the checkout option.
Select payout method
At last, you have to select the payout method you want to use. You can use different methods, including Credit or Debit cards, PayPal, or Google Pay. Add your credentials, and once everything is done and you are satisfied, you can hit the start trial button.
How to Check the Length of a YouTube TV Trial?
You can check the length of your YouTube TV trial by following these steps:
- Click on your profile picture in the top-right corner
- Click on the settings button in the pop-up that appears.
- Select the “Membership” option.
- Here, you can view your subscription details, including the length of your YouTube TV trial period.
YouTube TV offers two subscription plans with a premium add-on feature that offers additional channels to your current plan.
The YouTube TV base plan costs $72.99 per month.
- There is access to 100+ channels that include sports, entertainment, and news channels for the subscribers of the YouTube TV base plan.
- The base plan also allows users to build their own library by recording their favorite shows; on top of all, there is no limit to it. The DVR space is unlimited, so record as many shows as you want.
- One base plan membership can be used on up to six accounts, and live streams can be played on three accounts simultaneously.
- A feature of ‘key plays views’ is included in this plan.
- For first-time users, there is a special discount currently going on (as of October 2023), which means the cost of the base plan is reduced to $52.99 per month for the first three months.
The YouTube TV Spanish plan costs around $34.99 per month but with only Spanish networks.
- This plan offers almost the same benefits but in a Spanish medium. However, the number of channels is not the same as the base plan. There are 30+ channels in Spanish included in this plan.
- The members of this plan can also customize their own library by taking advantage of unlimited DVR space.
- A single Spanish plan subscription can be used on six individual household accounts while allowing live streaming on three devices.
- This plan also has the feature of a key plays view where you can watch only key moments of the game.
You can do your own customization to your original subscription plan by selecting different add-on features by paying for them, obviously. You can get the following additional features:
- More TV channels
- More simultaneous streaming availability
- Watching the contents of your library offline
- High Visual quality availability of 4K
- Additional Spanish networks
You can get all these features by paying additional fees for each one of them. These features will be added to the plan that you are already a member of so you can control the charges of your overall monthly subscription.
YouTube TV is designed in a way that it supports a wide and diverse range of devices. Below is a detailed list of devices where you can enjoy YouTube TV:
- Mobile Phones: You can watch YouTube TV on Android and IOS phones but with certain software update limits. Android phones must have a minimum of Android L, and iPhones must have IOS 12 or later updates to run YouTube TV. You can download the YouTube TV app for the devices from their respective app stores and then run YouTube TV.
- TVs: The YouTube TV can be played on TVs with built-in streaming media players. Other than that, you can stream on smart TVs and gaming consoles. The YouTube TV is versatile in this regard and works on various devices.
- Computers: You can directly run YouTube TV from the website via a computer. All it requires is an internet connection on a working computer with an updated version of Chrome or any other browser.
Once the duration of your YouTube TV trial is over, YouTube will automatically deduct the charges of your selected membership plan from your account. If you wish to discontinue your membership after the trial period, you’ll manually have to cancel your membership from the settings; otherwise, you will be charged the monthly fees of the selected plan.
YouTube TV is a fantastic offer for those who want to access regular cable channels without paying a local provider. It is an online streaming service that is available in the United States.
With more than 85 channels available in most markets, YouTube TV free trial is 7 days long, which can be extended up to 14 or even 30 days. In short, you can watch unlimited premium content on YouTube TV for a free trial without any hassle. The YouTube TV will definitely cost you some dollars, but it is totally worth it.